Friday, August 11, 2006

Murphy's Law

Wednesday afternoon (8/9), I was headed to All Children's with Hannah in the car with me. Just as I was coming to where I-275 branches off to I-175, I heard a noise and realized that our driver's side front tire had gone flat. I pulled over and felt helpless. I know how to change a tire but I knew that we didn't have a spare because our spare had been stolen with the other wheels back on June 4th and I also wasn't supposed to lift that much weight yet. It was only 3:00 in the afternoon so I knew that almost everyone I knew was at work for another two hours.

Luckily, Steve Croft and his lovely fiance, Leilei, were out and about and were able to come to my rescue. They came and got me and Hannah and took the flat tire off the car and we went to Bob Lee's Tires in St. Petersburg. The person who replaced the tire recommended that I keep the flat and bring it back to Hubcap City, where we had gotten the tires back on June 5th because whoever mounted this tire had split it in the mounting process so it was their error.

I got a used tire to do until I can get by Hubcap City and Croft, Leilei, Hannah and I all headed back to our car with a short stop by Dairy Inn for root beer floats and ice cream cones.

No comments: