Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Better and Better


Kyle's improving every day. The nurse practitioner said that he was doing quite well without the Vecuronium now and his oxygen has been staying down at around 36-38% and his gas levels and saturation levels have been staying good. Kyle's lung X-rays have also been looking better.

I met with Social Security Administration and applied for SSI Child Disability for Kyle. They said he's a definite approval because his birth weight was below 1199 grams (2 lbs, 10 oz). Under SSI, he can get SSI Medicaid and as long as he's still in the hospital, he qualifies regardless of mine and Chris' income. This is really good news since I had been worried that if I got a job we wouldn't qualify for Medicaid anymore and wouldn't be able to afford Kyle's care in the NICU. This way, I can get a job and still have Kyle's medical bills covered. I'm hoping I can find a weekend or night job so that I don't have to put Hannah back in daycare - especially since daycare is going to be a challenge once Kyle's discharged. Daycare's hard to find for average newborns, let alone preemie newborns.

My mom and I went to a job fair Monday and I applied for a nights/weekend position for Nielsen Media Research and gave my resume to a couple of other companies that had nights/weekend positions available. I also put in my name with Randstad Staffing again and my mom and I are signed up for a temp job with them to work in the primaries election call center September 5th.

No comments: