Monday, August 28, 2006

Back to Work

Last week I got a call from Barbara at Nielsen Media Research. She scheduled me for an assessment to see if I could do the job and explained that their hours fluctuate based on the TV sweeps schedule but they have nights and weekends available so I wouldn't have to put Hannah (or Kyle, later on) in daycare.

Saturday I went to the assessment. The office I would be working at is in Dunedin near Main Street so I expected that it would take 20 minutes or so to get there. It didn't even take 10 minutes! The assessment included a basic listening/typing assessment, a recorded speaking assessment and a personality inventory. It took about an hour and then they said the recruiter would call me with the results.

Sure enough, I just got a call again from Barbara and she said that I'm hired! I start training September 11th at 5:45 PM. After training, I will be working Wednesday - Saturday, 6 PM - Midnight. I'm sure that the schedule will take some getting used to but I'm sure that I'll do okay.

No comments: