Thursday, October 19, 2006

3 Months Old


Kyle's been doing great! They've taken his nasal cannula (that's the little tube that sticks up his nose) settings down to the minimum. This week, they're weaning him off the three breathing treatments that he's been on and they'll start him on bottle/breast feeding in a couple days! He's up to 5lbs, 4oz in weight. We still don't know how much longer it will be before we can bring him home but at least it's looking more like sooner than later. Now we just need to work on getting the apartment ready for bringing him home. We still only live in a two-bedroom but we seem to have enough furniture for at least three.

In other news, I have decided to pursue a career in Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technology (EKGs, Echo Cardiographs, etc.) at Sanford-Brown Institute in Tampa. All that has happened with Kyle & Eric has seemed to be pushing me into the medical field and this is a way I can get into the medical field without having to stick needles into anyone. Plus, living in Florida, cardiovascular technicians make pretty good money because of the large elderly population in need of EKGs on a regular basis. The program will only take a year and four months to complete and they said that they let students bring in family members to practice on. So I could bring Kyle in and see for myself what Pulmonary Artery Calcification looks like and learn more about it. While I'm in school for this, it's going to take a lot of sacrifice of time and money but once I'm done I'll have a career that can make things a lot easier in the future.

Meanwhile, everything's been going well for me at Nielsen and now that my mom's working there, she and I are able to spend time together on our breaks.

No comments: