Sunday, December 17, 2006

Home for New Year's?



I spoke to Dr. Wadhawan this past week about Kyle's condition. They are going to do a "swallow test" (probably tomorrow) where they essentially do an x-ray while he feeds from a bottle to see what's going on with the feedings and why his respiratory rate goes up when feeding.

Dr. Wadhawan says that depending on the results from the "swallow test", they will start discussing the possibility of a feeding tube being put directly in Kyle's stomach (by surgery). This doesn't sound very pleasant but the doctor says that Kyle would be able to go home with this kind of feeding tube.

I asked the doctor if there was any chance of Kyle being home by Christmas. He said not really but possibly by New Year's! I don't want to get my hopes up too much but fingers and toes are crossed!

The doctor also helped me arrange for us to be able to bring Hannah in long enough for a family picture despite the rule against sibling visitation.

No comments: